27 Mar, 2017
TEELS is a joint initiative of the Tasmanian Government and Aurora Energy to provide up to $10 million in the form of no-interest finance for the purchase of energy efficient products for households and small businesses.
Likely to be officially launched in early April, TEELS is designed to assist customers in purchasing energy-efficient appliances, including:
- Solar Panels
- Solar-powered Battery Storage
- Gas/Air-source Heat Pump and Solar Hot Water Heating Systems (e.g. Sanden Eco)
- Non-ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioners (min. 2.5 star energy efficiency rating)
- Fridges, Freezers, and Washing Machines (rated above 3-star energy efficiency rating)
- Industrial Refrigeration
- Double Glazing
- Ceiling and Floor Insulation
- Condensation Control Systems
- Efficient Wood Heaters
- Block-out Curtains, Blinds, and Pelmets
- Irrigation Pumps
- Building Upgrades to reduce energy usage
The application process will be facilitated by Aurora Energy, who are currently accepting expressions of interest. Those who register their interest will be kept informed via email of developments and the progress of the scheme.
You may register interest in this scheme with Aurora here.
Free information sessions regarding TEELS are being organised by the Tasmanian Renewable Energy Alliance where you will have the opportunity to learn about available technologies and talk to the experts.
Launceston: 5:30-7:30pm, Tuesday 4 April, West Tamar Council, Eden Street, Riverside (parking available)
Hobart: 5:30-7:30pm, Wednesday 5 April, Talbot Hotel, 131 New Town Road, New Town (parking at rear)
RSVP: RSVP appreciated (not essential) to email@example.com
More Info: Jack Gilding, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0407 486 651
Westpac Group have been announced as the financial partner for the administration of this scheme, and finance will be subject to the Westpac Group’s standard terms and conditions (without interest).
This is an exciting opportunity for home-owners to improve the energy efficiency of their houses, and for small businesses to invest and reduce their energy bills.